Mentone Girls’ Secondary College has an outstanding reputation in the local community and across the state; a reputation we wish to maintain. Consequently the College, with the support of Council wishes to reiterate the philosophy of uniform as a contributor to school unity, equality and positive community perception.
- All students in Years 7-12 will be expected to wear their blazers to and from school and to all College assemblies.
- The sport jacket is part of the Physical Education uniform and can only be worn during Physical Education and Sport lessons. The sport jacket is not to be worn with the summer or winter uniform.
- Students who have Physical Education or Sport period 4 may wear their full sport uniform home at the end of the day.
- The MGSC school bag is the only acceptable bag.
- All students are to wear long school socks.
- Black leather lace up, low heel school shoes (not boots) are to be worn. T-bars are not permitted.
- In line with the SunSmart policy, students are actively encouraged to wear broad-brimmed hats whenever they are outside, but particularly for organised outdoor activities such as sports carnivals.
- The seasonal change of uniform will be:
- January, February and March: summer uniform only.
- April and May: either summer uniform or winter uniform. By June 1st all students must wear winter uniform.
- June, July and August: winter uniform only
- September and October: either winter or summer uniform. By November 1st all students must wear summer uniform
- November and December: summer uniform only. All students must wear summer uniform from 1st November until the end of the year.
This policy will be rigorously enforced and we appreciate parents’ support in ensuring that students wear full and correct uniform each day in accordance with this policy. The full uniform policy is published in the student record book.
The Uniform Policy and list from student record book is available here.
Bob Stewart Mentone 93 Balcombe Road, Mentone
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm & Saturdays 9.30am – 12.30pm
A Uniform items and price list is on Bob Stewart’s website site
2020 Year 7 students
Bob Stewart Uniform Shop – Mentone has arranged six (6) appointment days to fit 2020 students for their uniform. These are additional times to the usual shop open hours.
Appointment days are:
Saturday 30 November 10am – 3pm
Monday 2 December 4pm – 7pm
Thursday 5 December 4pm – 7pm
Monday 9 December 4pm – 7pm
Tuesday 10 December 4pm – 7pm
Friday 10 January 8:30am – 3pm
Contact Bob Stewart Mentone on 9036 7367 to book an appointment time. It takes approximately 20 minutes to fit and complete the purchase. On open trading days, families can expect delays.
Second-Hand Uniform Shop
MGSC has a Second-Hand Uniform Shop on campus, operated by the Parents & Friends’ Association.
It is opens twice a week during term time:
- Tuesday afternoon: 2.45pm – 3.45pm
- Friday morning : 8.15am – 9.15am