Where every girls from everywhere experiences success
2020 Year 7 out of zone application form available FORM
Like most schools, Mentone Girls’ Secondary College (MGSC) has a Designated Neighbourhood Area (DNA). However, many of our students come from beyond our local neighbourhood and we have students travelling for up to ONE hour to reach our fine school.
Of course, all students residing in our DNA are offered a place and to qualify for this all you need to provide us with is documentary evidence of your residency within the zone. Examples of evidence are utility bills and purchase or rental agreements. The College reserves the right to validate information provided.
If you live outside our DNA, then please do not feel there isn’t a place for your daughter at Mentone Girls’ Secondary College. As the only government girls’ school in the south eastern suburbs we believe that we have a responsibility to meet the needs of families wishing to enrol their daughter(s) in a single sex school which is affordable, aspirational, compassionate, diverse, and has a focus on promoting girls and women in areas of leadership and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
We provide places to families living outside our DNA based on the following criteria: sibling claim, closeness and curriculum grounds.
We are also pleased to receive enquiries from previous students of MGSC who wish their daughters to attend our school as well. Please mention this in the application for a place. In the event that we have more applicants than we have spaces from families living outside the DNA we may invite families to an interview.
Procedure for students living in the College neighbourhood zone
- Obtain a copy of the form South Eastern Victoria Region Application For Enrolment For Year 7 from your local Primary School.
- Complete the form. The address shown must be the student’s current residential address.
- Return the completed form to the Primary School by the cut-off date.
Procedure for students living outside the college neighbourhood zone/DNA
- Obtain a copy of the Year 7 out of zone application form from our College on or after Open Night or download here. 2020 Year 7 Out of Zone application form
- Complete the form. If you are making a sibling claim, complete all sections of the form. If you are making a claim on any other grounds, complete only the Reason for Request section. Include a preference for a second school (see note below).
- Return the completed form, together with the South Eastern Victoria Region form to your daughter’s Primary School by the due date.
Note: Students choosing Mentone Girls’ Secondary College as a non-neighbourhood school should express a preference for a second school. If a second preference is not provided and the request for placement at Mentone Girls’ Secondary College is not successful, the student will be automatically placed into her neighbourhood school.