Q. Do I have to live locally to attend MGSC?

A. Not at all.  Students travel from over 42 different suburbs to attend the College.  If MGSC is not your designated neighbourhood secondary school, complete the MGSC out of zone application form and return it to your school.

Q. How do I find out if we live in or outside the zone?

DET has launched a new website called Find My School.  Students can nominate to attend MGSC if you are not in the current neighbourhood zone.


Q. I do not live within the zone and wondering how far I am from Mentone Girls’ Secondary College?

A. The following website can show you where your closest school is as well as how far you are from Mentone Girls’ Secondary College. You can search from schools under “Amenities nearby” and filter by government and non-government schools.


Q. What are the public transport options for travelling to and from Mentone Girls’ Secondary College?

A. The following website can assist you with locating the transport options:

Public Transport Victoria


Q. I am a past student. Can my daughter attend MGSC if we don’t live locally?

Yes, your application would be for students living outside of the designated neighbourhood area (DNA). Please mention that you are a past student on the application form.  You may wish your daughter to be in the same House as you were, so please mention this as well.

Q. Does every applicant from outside the zone need to be interviewed?

Not necessarily. This may only be necessary if we have more applications than we have places.

Q. My daughter is interested in the Enhancement Program. Is there an additional application I need to fill in?

Yes. If you wish your daughter to be considered for the Enhancement program, then parents must complete the forms listed on the Enhancement Page of our website in addition to making your DNA/out-of-zone application to the primary school. Further information and forms can be found on our website : https://mgsc.vic.edu.au/curriculum/enhancement-program/