Our 1:1 Program is an integral part of student learning across the curriculum. All subjects are reliant on students having immediate access to technology to support contemporary teaching and learning practices, such as:
- Personalisation and differentiation of learning
- Collaborative teamwork with students within and beyond MGSC
- Anywhere, anytime learning – both at school and at home
- Access to multi-media resources and interactive course texts, such as Education Perfect, Edrolo and Oxford Digital.
- Online access to resources, online submission of work and customised assessment strategies.
The 1:1 BYOD Program at MGSC has been developed as a dual device program, allowing for students to use two devices over their six years at secondary school. The iPad is a great tool to support learning in the upper primary school and junior secondary, whilst a mobile personal computer is the preferred device in middle and senior secondary years and leading into higher education.
Please access further details about each program on the links below:
Years 7-9 – BYO iPad Program
Year 6 to 7 Parent Information Evening, October 2018 – iPad Program Presentation
Years 9-12 – BYO Laptop Program (MacBook or Windows)
Purchasing 1:1 Devices
Devices can be purchased from your preferred supplier. Families are encouraged to investigate available discounts. Payment arrangements are also a matter for families to decide upon.
Apple Family Funded Program
An Apple Family Funded Program has been set up to give students at Mentone Girls’ SC discounted prices on Apple products, including, iPads, MacBooks and accessories. Discounted prices can be accessed by:
1. Visiting an Apple Retail Store
(Advise the store staff that your daughter is a student at Mentone Girls’ SC)
2. Visiting the MGSC Online Apple Store
(Note that this link cannot be shared or typed into web browsers).
Apple devices are also available from a range or re-sellers who will often offer discounted prices.
For any other inquiries regarding the 1:1 mConnect Program, please contact
Director of Innovation
via email at email@example.com