Students create theatrical works based on their own imaginative ideas and text-based stimulus. A focus in the subject is group work and the responsibility to the group. Students learn cooperative skills and time management. Students develop an awareness of social interactions in a work-based environment in creative pursuits. Students build skills in performance and theatrical conventions. Students studying Drama & Theatre Studies create performance works from a range of stimulus materials and finished works may be self devised or scripted. All students studying Drama & Theatre Studies develop proficiency in the use of stagecraft technologies such as lighting, costume and sound in our state of the art Drama facilities.
Year 7 & 8
- A semester of Drama
Years 9 & 10 Electives
- Script and Performance
- Theatre Studies
- Year 10 – A number of performances and presentations.
- Year 11-12 – A number of text-based productions incorporating all aspects of theatre usually based on the work of an established playwright.
- College Musical /Arts Festival – alternating every two years.
- Drama leadership opportunities
- Year 10-12 – Attend theatrical performances
Note: Senior students are expected to attend rehearsals outside of class hours. Students may also be expected to attend performances in the evening.