Mentone Girls’ Secondary College has an outstanding reputation in the local community and across the state; a reputation we wish to maintain. Consequently the College, with the support of Council wishes to reiterate the philosophy of uniform as a contributor to school unity, equality and positive community perception.
- All students in Years 7-12 will be expected to wear their blazers to and from school and to all College assemblies.
- The sport jacket is part of the Physical Education uniform and can only be worn during Physical Education and Sport lessons. The sport jacket is not to be worn with the summer or winter uniform.
- Students who have Physical Education or Sport period 4 may wear their full sport uniform home at the end of the day.
- The MGSC school bag is the only acceptable bag.
- All students are to wear long school socks.
- Black leather lace up, low heel school shoes (not boots) are to be worn. T-bars are not permitted.
- In line with the SunSmart policy, students are actively encouraged to wear broad-brimmed hats whenever they are outside, but particularly for organised outdoor activities such as sports carnivals.
- The seasonal change of uniform will be:
- January, February and March: summer uniform only.
- April and May: either summer uniform or winter uniform. By June 1st all students must wear winter uniform.
- June, July and August: winter uniform only
- September and October: either winter or summer uniform. By November 1st all students must wear summer uniform
- November and December: summer uniform only. All students must wear summer uniform from 1st November until the end of the year.
This policy will be rigorously enforced and we appreciate parents’ support in ensuring that students wear full and correct uniform each day in accordance with this policy. The full uniform policy is published in the student record book.
Uniform Price List
MGSC 2018 Uniform price list including new summer options (as of December 2017)
The Mentone Girls’ SC uniform is supplied by: Costume World, Shop 5/1291 Nepean Hwy Cheltenham 3192, Ph: 9584 7006.
Opening Hours: Mon 10am-6:30pm Tues, Wed 10am-6pm, Thurs & Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 9am-5pm.
Second-Hand Uniform Shop
MGSC has a Second-Hand Uniform Shop on campus, operated by the Parents & Friends Association.
There are special open hours for the second-hand uniform shop in the first week of the 2018 school year. The Second-hand Uniform shop will be open:
Monday 29 January 9.30-10.am (instead of Tuesday 30 January)
Wednesday 1 February 8.15-9.15am
Regular opening hours will resume from Tuesday 6 February 2018.
- Tuesday: 2.45pm – 3.45pm
- Wednesday: 8.15am – 9.15am