The neighbourhood for Mentone Girls’ Secondary College can be found on the Enrolment page. Please provide documentary evidence of your residency within the zone. Examples are utility bills and purchase or rental agreements. The College reserves the right to validate information provided. All requests are subject to the availability of accommodation at Mentone Girls’ Secondary College. Applicants who are short-listed will be required to attend an interview. If there are more applicants than there are positions available, places will be offered to those who most satisfy the criteria: sibling claim, curriculum grounds and closeness.
Procedure for students living in the College neighbourhood zone
- Obtain a copy of the form South Eastern Victoria Region Application For Enrolment For Year 7 from your local Primary School.
- Complete the form. The address shown must be the student’s current residential address.
- Return the completed form to the Primary School by the cut-off date.
Procedure for students living outside the college neighbourhood zone
- Obtain a copy of the Year 7 out of zone application form from our College on or after Open Night or download here. 2018 Year 7 Out of Zone Application Form
- Complete the form. If you are making a sibling claim, complete all sections of the form. If you are making a claim on any other grounds, complete only the Reason for Request section. Include a preference for a second school (see note below).
- Return the completed form, together with the South Eastern Victoria Region form to your daughter’s Primary School by the due date.
Note: Students choosing Mentone Girls’ Secondary College as a non-neighbourhood school should express a preference for a second school. If a second preference is not provided and the request for placement at Mentone Girls’ Secondary College is not successful, the student will be automatically placed into her neighbourhood school.