1:1 mConnect Program
Our 1:1 Program is an integral part of student learning across the curriculum. All subjects are reliant on students having immediate access to technology to support contemporary teaching and learning practices, such as:
- Personalisation and differentiation of learning
- Collaborative team work with students within and beyond MGSC
- Anywhere, anytime learning – both at school and at home
- Access to multi-media resources and interactive course texts, such as the Jacaranda Digital Bundle and Education Perfect
- Online access to resources, online submission of work and customised assessment strategies.
The 1:1 mConnect Program at MGSC has been developed as a dual device program, allowing for students to use two devices over their six years at secondary school. The iPad is a great tool to support learning in the upper primary school and junior secondary, whilst a mobile personal computer is the preferred device in middle and senior secondary years and leading into higher education.
Please access further details about each program on the links below:
B.Y.O. iPad Program
B.Y.O. Laptop Program
Year 6 to 7 Information Evening – iPad Program Presentation
Apple Family Funded Program
An Apple Family Funded Program has been set up to give students at Mentone Girls’ SC discounted prices on Apple products, including, iPads, MacBooks and accessories.
Discounted prices can be accessed by:
- Visiting an Apple Retail Store and advising the store staff that your daughter is a student at Mentone Girls’ SC
- Visiting the MGSC Online Apple Store using this link. (Note that this link cannot be shared or typed into web browsers).
Parents can, of course, purchase Apple devices from the supplier of their choice.
For any other inquiries regarding the 1:1 mConnect Program, please contact Jonathan Hall, Director of eLearning, via email at email@example.com